martes, octubre 09, 2007

study week!

lots of serious school work going on this week: I'm starting the 1st chapter for my thesis, which I'll be writing this year, and my students are taking the MEAP exam. as the thesis affects my future pay, and the results of the MEAP determine our school funding, it's nerve-wracking for everybody, to say the least.

however, the good news this week is that I've noticed that my class has um.... congealed, for lack of a better term. we're now a cohesive whole, we act as one, know our routines, know each other, and best yet, still get along despite that :) this is a wonderful mile-stone - with so many students in one class, I didn't even know IF it would happen! hopefully this is the start of a wonderful, memorable year......

************

meanwhile my grandma is battling colon cancer. she is in the hospital now after a surgery and should be out in a few days :) she is asking for prayers... couldn't be for a nicer lady

4 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

lorider teaches
fall is the time for the meap
las chivas do well

Anónimo dijo...

october grows cold
lorider sits by the fire
writing her thesis

cookie monster dijo...

study eh? my degree course starts in earnest this week, it must be catching!

tell your nan im thinking of her

the lorider dijo...

kda: wow, I'm impressed!! those are really good - maybe you should quit your IT job and become a poet ;D

cookie: gl this term - I'm rooting for you! thanks for the kind thoughts, I'll pass them on to my gram :)