miércoles, noviembre 16, 2005

KSA, yo!

okay, what is up with people?!?!? let's have a little quiz:

what do all these dishes have in common....?
sausage and peppers
steak n' eggs
roast chicken
turkey and stuffing
roast lamb
fried chicken....

that's right, 1. they all have meat in them, and 2. I eat them all! because.... (concentrate, now)..... I AM A MEAT-EATER!

I know that I practice yoga all the time, and apparently look like I practice yoga all the time, and that I have a hippy-dippy name thanks to my mom.... I do understand that all of these things seem to add up in people's minds that .... "THE LORIDER IS A VEGETARIAN." but to constantly repeat "it's okay, I eat meat," and to still constantly be asked: "should I order one veg pizza?" "will you find something to eat on this menu?" "will it gross you out if I order a big, bloody steak?"
NO!!! YES!!! NO!!! I WILL JUST GET HUNGRY FOR A STEAK!!!!!

don't get me wrong, I think about the issue of eating animals, and I do love vegetables, whole grains and all that but... I just love to have some meat in there as well.... or do I....? let's explore further....

even people who absolutely don't know me ask me if I'm a vegetarian: waiters warn me of dairy and eggs.... drunk guys on bar stools say (okay, I love bar food, too... what of it?) "oh yeah, you ordered the grilled cheese, because you're a vegetarian!" NO!!! BECAUSE I WANTED TO EAT A GRILLED CHEESE!!! DANG!!


so I started thinking.... what is the logic behind this all.....? help me out philosophy majors, because I never took a logic course. I'm starting to wonder if maybe, just maybe.... they are all right, and I am wrong. after all, I assumed that I know more about myself because, well... I am myself, but let's look at the numbers: many, many people (let's say about 125 people), who know me and do not know me, think I am a vegetarian and I (1 person) think I am not.

it's food for thought, if you'll excuse the pun. (har!) at least I can comfort myself with the knowledge that, if I continue eating meat, there will be a support group for me to join:

















************************
Happy Birth of the Blues Day!


****************************************

7 comentarios:

cookie monster dijo...

youd appreciate the dinner im making tonight then. 2 bits of steak marinaded in BBQ sauce with 6 sausages and veggies! yum yum!

the lorider dijo...

now we're talking -lol!

Anónimo dijo...

People think you are vegetarian because you are extremely skinny. People think i cant possibly be a vegetarian because i am big and fat. I feel your pain. We are so misunderstood. I think i will express my feelings by quoting 60's supergroup The Animals -

Ya know sometimes baby I’m so carefree with a joy that’s hard to hide
Then sometimes it seems again that all I have is worry
And then you burn to see my other side
But I’m just a soul whose intentions are good

Oh lord, please don’t let (my eating habits) be misunderstood

Anónimo dijo...

BTW - does that graffiti say FATHAM?

the lorider dijo...

it seems to be something like that - but the relevant info is in the smaller writing - you can see it better if you click on it.

the lorider dijo...

ps-ROFL from your earlier 'lyrics'

;)

the lorider dijo...

pps - I weigh a buck-forty. so people can't think I'm a veg-head cause I'm skinny....

(let me tell you, I fill-OUT the m-f-in applebottoms-yeeah!)