miércoles, noviembre 09, 2005

ONE, the movie

I can't believe it's Wednesday and I'm just finally posting about ONE, the movie! I saw it this weekend with BRITEW and Bed-Head, BRITEW's ugly boyfriend, and it was cool!!

if you like that kind of thing, and I do. it's all about how different well-known spiritual leaders and unknown lay people view "THE MEANING OF LIFE." as investigated by non-spiritual-leader non-filmmakers (from Michigan-yeah!). considering these guys very obviously had no idea what they were doing or what they had gotten themselves in for, I think it was a really terrific documentary. we saw it at the detroit docs festival, and one of the producers spoke at the end of the screening. she was so life-affirming and wonderful and, really, so was the movie.


I hope you get to see it. I'm not going to say it'll change your life or anything (that tag-line is what kept me from seeing Amelie for 3 years - verdict: cute, but not life-changing.) but if you think about things like "the meaning of life," I think you'll enjoy it.

I forgot to say that some organization is so excited about the movie, they are going to make it the first one to be translated into 100 languages... that's so cool!

No hay comentarios.: