jueves, noviembre 10, 2005

boyz 2 men

POST UPDATED, please scroll down

well... as I have been thinking about boys men boyfriends friends who are men ??? lately, I have been avidly reading posts that will give me advice on how to proceed in the dating world. unfortunately, all the advice given is for the males.......... hmmmmmmmmmmm.................... I WONDER WHY??????????

here are one and two posts I came across recently that sagely advise men on how to succeed with the ladies. no... wait..... at the end of the second post is one paragraph for the ladies:

"There’s no perfect man. There are many imperfect men, when rolled up together, form the perfect man. So don’t waste your time looking for a perfect man, but look for different imperfect men, each fulfilling you in different ways and…. DATE ALL OF THEM."
- Finicky Feline

okay then! I have developed my new dating strategy... now I will just have to quit my side-jobs, say good-bye to my friends, stop exercising in the evenings or traveling on the weekends..... because I'M GOING TO BE DATING THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!

UPDATE: some freak seems to have gotten ahold of the password of my personals account and applied his decoder ring to the profiles of the guys I thought were interesting. my response: "how do I tell who the normal guys are?" and "get a blog already, freak!"

"Ad 1 - This ad is boring and nondescript. I read it twice since it is only 5 short sentences, and still feel like I know nothing about him. At least he posted 4 pictures.
Looks - 6
Ad Content - 4
Summary: "I work, and I also play. I'm nice. I'm funny. Movies are cool. So is running. If you are looking for someone who is identical to everyone else, holla at ya boy"

Ad 2 -
Slightly better than the last in terms of content, but unfortunately I would guess that he likes to torture and kill small animals in between rounds of Dungeons and Dragons or Magic - The Gathering.
Looks - 4
Ad Content - 5
Summary: "I like to be the Elf in D&D. How 'bout you? Looking for a hotchick like Lieutenant Uhura from Star Trek. We can chill in my mom's basement and do some programming in the legacy languages like FORTRAN and Cobol. "

Ad 3 - This guy looks like he shares a wardrobe with my Dad. I'm also afraid that if you date him, he will arrest me.

Looks - 5
Ad Content: 8 - good effort
Summary: "I'm a Federal Agent who enjoys smashing the heads of minor drug offenders, deep conversation over coffee, locking people in cages for life, moonlit walks on the beach, electrocuting illegal immigrants with my new stun gun, and soccer. Looking for good clean wholesome fun with a woman who respects local, state, and federal laws"

sigh
************************
Semper Fi!


****************************************

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Your main problem is that you are taking advice from people with names like Finicky Feline.

You should be taking advice from whoever wrote the critiques of your poor choices in potential mates. He apparently is a remarkable judge of character.

Alex dijo...

Hi. Glad that you read my post on that issue, the 10 golden rules. Well, i will come up with a 1o golden rules for gers - how to get that guy you like for very long. Juz for fun! It'll be after my exams though. Cheers!