lunes, noviembre 28, 2005

resty-rest-rest-rested

hello, friends!

I had GREAT Thanksgiving and holiday weekend! I am refreshed, renewed, revitalized, and all the other great things that happen after giving yourself an at-home spa day and then shopping at Saks (gifts at clinique, don't you know!! I felt very rich walking out of Saks with a Saks handle-bag.... after spending the absolute minimum so that I could earn a gift harhar! but it was fun looking at the louis vuitton bags and saying "and how much is that one? hmmm....")

the other thing I did this weekend (besides, of course, travelling to Toronto -yay!- including: doing yoga -Yay!- and eating at fressen -YAY! - and getting a phone message from Susan & Paul down under - YAAAYYYY! I luv yous guyz *kisskiss*) was to begin the final phase in decorating my apartment..... the dreaded putting-up-of-artwork. it's awesome in the sense that it makes the place look so great, but it takes so000000000000000000000000000000 long to figure out how they should go up. I feel like I just finally have a sense of the space in the rooms and can begin to get things up on the walls..... and I moved in August 1st!

well, I decided to make the theme portraits, which as it turns out, is very in vogue. I actually decided to do it because I have a big art book of Japanese prints with lots of portraits. so it's a ready-made theme. I just cut all my favorite ones out and sorted them by color scheme. the living room will be blue, because the furniture is blue and yellow. the dining room/office will be green and yellow and browns, because I already have a great klimt poster in green and yellow that I want to use. and my bedroom will be in pinks cause I just got new pink sheets!

and Susan & Paul: the first to go up were your (real) Japanese prints! (thanks again for a great gift!!!! *hugzhugz*) I put them in the hallway, so every time I walk out of the bathroom, I'm looking right at them. it may seem like a weird choice, but I really do get to see them more! I'll post a pic of how they look up when I get the chance.

the lorider's vocab lesson: zeitgeist - the spirit of the times. can be used as an adjective:
"Faces and people as a genre are more zeitgeist than they were before and this has something to do with photographs, though celebrity culture such as Hello!" huh?

******************************
dating 2005: update - as romance apparently only
lasts one year, what other qualities of a relationship should I be on the lookout for? anyone?


******************************************

5 comentarios:

cookie monster dijo...

romance does not last for a year! with me its more like 5 minutes! :(( as for what other qualities to look for in a relationship? well i reckon it should be all about trust and being able to talk to that person but at the same time also be able to just sit with them. or maybe im talking bollocks!


and do u fancy coming over and decorating my gaff?

the lorider dijo...

yikes, cookie - 5 min only!!!

your theory sounds good, but... perhaps it's only a theory..... hahaha

BTW, I'm planning a Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon theme for your apartment

Anónimo dijo...

Shopping at Saks for shit you cant afford is what renews and revitalizes you? Ummm...you are mentally challenged. Thats all, thanks.

PS. Hope your still enjoying my Happy Thanksgiving song.

Love - Anonymous

the lorider dijo...

Dear Anonymous,

re your PS-I play it every day - although I've come to realize (with my amazing musical capacity) that you did not sing me the Vegas version, but rather the vaudeville version... thought I'd let you know as you seemed a bit confused on that point.

re the rest: you're mentally challenged (not to mention all the other ways......)

smooches!

the lorider dijo...

PS - and HEY!

it's MY Thanksgiving song, you troll!!! I WROTE IT!!!!!