jueves, noviembre 03, 2005

blogger image search meme


anonymous coworker started oops, participated in a fun
google image search meme. you find out what images pop up when you type in your name, your gramma's name, etc..........

so here's my pictures:

an image tha
t popped up for the city I grew up in: Philadelphia. this is 30th Street Station, one of two main train stations. this is the famous train station where the lil' Amish kid is traumatized in the movie Witness. I always have a reaction like the kid in the movie (before he's traumatized), it is rather beautiful and impressive to be in, even if you're not Amish. something about being in a big space, I guess. there's a flower stand in one corner that has really reasonably priced bouquets, and it makes that whole side of the station smell great. plus, the food court has three awesome buffets. 4 stars to 30th Street Station.

I live in "fashionable Royal Oak, MI." this pic is pretty representative because Royal Oak is known mainly for its restaurants and nightlife (and its many city parks - I used to live within 1.5 blocks of 3 parks!) from what I hear, Royal Oak used to be relatively tame, and then the punks decided to make it their hangout. soon after, all the yuppies decided that it was "cool" in Royal Oak and tried to take over the scene. Mongolian Barbeque soon followed. all of which may explain this:














can you read this? it shows that the most common age of residents is 29 for women and 30 for men. so I'm right on target.

haha how my name comes up............... well, I am white.









how my gramma's name comes up - awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!










best dish ever - pastel de choclo con pino de carne. this is a cassarole, the closest thing I can compare it to is shepard's pie, but 1,000 times better.... the bottom layer is the "pino de carne." it's ground beef cooked with raisins and cinnamon. then on top is pieces of chicken (or rabbit - it's originally a country dish) and on top of that, a creamed corn. put sugar on the top and bake!!!!! absolutely supremely delicious! when I lived in Chile, I would get a frozen one, because it's very time consuming to make. but after writing all this, I think I will figure out how to make one!


well, I never tried this brand, but wishniak black cherry soda is da bomb. we used to drink a brand called Franks that has a lot of fruit flavors - all really delicious.








fav smell. oh god, yes. sausage and peppers.













and finally.... my favorite song - can you guess what it is?









************************
Happy Sandwich Day..... to me!


****************************************

11 comentarios:

acw dijo...

Actually, it wasn't my meme, but it is one of the few that I actually like.

the lorider dijo...

right-o. well, thanks for sharing!

Anónimo dijo...

Your favorite song has something to do with a missle launcher?

Bruce Cockburn's If i had a Missle Launcher?

Anónimo dijo...

If I had a Rocket Launcher - not missle launcher. Heh.

the lorider dijo...

nope - but I am impressed you know that song.

I thought only kids whose parents dragged them to events like "Sisterfire!" knew songs like that.....

"memories... lalala..."

Anónimo dijo...

"You Dropped a Bomb on Me, Baby!"
by The Gap Band?

the lorider dijo...

nope

Anónimo dijo...

it's either

"it's the end of the world as we know it"

or

"oops i did it again"

the lorider dijo...

hahahahahaha!

no and no, but LOL....


you guys are pretty lame.
let me know when you get so desperate as to need a hint.

-THE LORIDER RULES FOR ETERNITY

Anónimo dijo...

rocketman

elton john baby yeah

the lorider dijo...

nope