miércoles, diciembre 26, 2007

X-mas in Vermont


I've been having so much fun on my vacation and right now... it's snowing! I'm not sure why I'm so excited, since I don't want to go out and do snow activities (and now I can't go to the movies), but something about childhood snow days must be tucked away in my neural pathways somewhere, because I'm thrilled.
this picture is from a sledding trip that I didn't go on, and shows the village my parents live in from a hill above town. as you can see, it's up in the mountains and hence, no unnecessary trips down the mountain for movies or whatever during snowfalls.
the weather has actually been really mild up until now, and we've had a museum trip (I didn't go), many sledding expeditions (never went), several food and present-shopping trips (I did go), and a dinner out (I did go). I got a great picture of my dad at the meat counter, getting just the right things, don't know if I'll be able to post it. he made a great traditional Italian 7-fishes dinner on Christmas Eve (but only 3 fishes + minestrone) there were salmon cakes, cod & potatoes/fennel, and shrimp - mmmmm! then the very next day, my step-mother made a turkey dinner with all the fixings, including my two favorites: winter root vegetables and homemade cranberry sauce - mmmmm (and stuffing)!
there were 8 people on Christmas Eve and 9 on Christmas Day. my lil' nephews ages 5 and 9 had tons of presents despite several packages not arriving. older one proceeded to read his book of science facts from cover straight on, after verifying the copyright date (didn't want out-of-date facts). I learned quite a bit about absolute zero, entropy and spontaneous combustion. the littler one managed two face-plants: one in the Christmas tree (no casualties) one while sledding (mountain:1, Ezra: zero). I also introduced the boys to ninja warrior, my fav program when I can get to cable. they loved it, of course, which shows how cool they already are!
my big plans now that the rest of the family's gone is mainly to not finish the two novels I've started... ahhh, vacation! and now, maybe I'll stick my nose outside and at least get a few seconds of snow-experience. hasta la vista, amigos: I hope your x-masses were equally lovely :)

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

pretty snow.....sounds like you're having a great vaca!

merry x-mas!
e-mail me at my hotmail and let's set something up! need to hang out ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did you get a new phone yet???

cookie monster dijo...

Going on that picture, theres ;snow' chance of a tan!

the lorider dijo...

cookie: very droll! happy new year :)


hi BRITEW! it was so fun in VT! did you have a good time in st louis?? I don't have a new phone yet, and I don't seem to have your hotmail... I'm at my ma's for new years woot! - email me so we can trade #s... :)