miércoles, julio 02, 2008

wild wild west, part 2

.......so the universe opened up and smiled on me: about 3.5 minutes after leaving the storage place, my awesome artist friend susan called me (shout out to susan!) and said did I want to hang out at little tree. man, talk about putting it out there!!!! my plan was to finish moving and then see all my friends - well, I have caught up with five friends in just three days!!!!! (shout out to m and vee and ximena and fernando!!!) and I plan to go on with this!!!!

I'm going to the fireworks on friday at willow metropark, and then next week to the wednesday and sunday tigers games, and then I want to go to a bar to watch the all-star game the following week. also I'm going to squeeze in some visits to the CAID and MOCAD! let me know if you're in, ppls!

meanwhile, I'm getting settled in at my auntie and uncle's house in rosedale park. it's a bungalow, which means that the second story is basically one cramped room under the eaves from one side of the house to the other. in this case, they have one end separated off into a bedroom, and a small bathroom put in as well. it's absolutely perfect for me and maria.

but being a cat, maria's a little spooky about being in a new place - right now she follows me everywhere I go, and I mean everywhere. when I go to the bathroom she uses her litter!!! (sorry, maybe that's gross to share, but I felt it was illustrative.)

but now to the part where I explain why the post is called the wild wild west... because rosedale park is on the west side of detroit, and in the 11 years since I last lived in detroit, I had kind of forgotten about how crazy it is here! tremendous car accidents, screeching brakes on racing cars, and regular gunfire (about 1x/hour): this is all night, every night!!! and now, thanks to the upcoming holiday, we have plenty of (illegally powerful) fireworks to round it all out. believe me, maria sits in the window and just enjoys the show!

BYE

No hay comentarios.: