jueves, abril 27, 2006

ode to Rocky

I've been totally Philly oriented since I came back from my trip to PA* (I'm putting together a late, Philly-related ides of blog post). The last few nights, I've been watching a few minutes of my Rocky DVD before I go to sleep - and I just want to say:

ROCKY is the greatest movie!!!

you know how you've always remembered Rocky as being a good movie, better than you'd think... well, be sure to watch it again, because it stands the test of repeated watchings. I notice something new every time I watch it; this time, I found a number of interlacing themes from scene to scene, that I never noticed before. ROCKY KICKS ASS!

*except for a brief sojourn to frenchy/beer-land, at Bastone, with BRAINON (you guys rule!)

5 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Bastone = cool.
Indie rock bartender = not cool.
Pittsburgh = cool.
Philly = not cool.

the lorider dijo...

anon = not cool.
BRITEW = awesome.
BRAINON = leaning towards good.

Anónimo dijo...

Anon = coolest ever
Lorider = coolest never

Anónimo dijo...

BTW - did you say that Rocky was the greatest movie?
Rocky?
Greatest?

You do not even want me to name all the great films that were shot in Pittsburgh - AKA Heaven on Earth.

the lorider dijo...

Mannequin was shot in Philly!!!!

"tha Lorider = cool 4eva!"
"Rocky = the greatest!"