viernes, abril 28, 2006

ides of blog: April - edible tour of Philly

in honor of "fabulous Philadelphia," I hereby present you with a sampling of some of the finest in cuisine that Philly has to offer. well, actually, this is just stuff I like. Philly actually has great restaurants, some of which you can learn about here.
(WARNING: this is a non-vegetarian tour. will you vegetarians please exit the bus now.)

1. first in my edible tour of philly is, of course,
cheesesteaks at the italian market or any corner store. but I definitely recommend visiting the italian market cause it's fun, you're guaranteed to see some new foods, and if it's cold enough, you can jog down the street pretending to be Rocky. I like the cheesesteaks at Lorenzo's (9th & Christian), or of course, you can go to the famous Pat's Steaks. (I went to Pat's on my first date, then on to a Yes concert at the Spectrum. man, was I a cool lil' 12-year-old! shout out to Arthur Russell!)

2. if your trip is on a hot day, make sure to stop for some water ice at any place that looks good. I think they used to have a
Rita's up on ridge ave. in roxborough that was awesome.

3. definitely have the sausage and peppers at
reading terminal market. it's at a little cart near the back. this is a good place to get any fresh veggies you didn't pick up at the italian market, plus amish stuff.

4. next why not go to lancaster county to visit the amish themselves? (sorry, I couln't find an amish blog to link to -haha) while you're there enjoy the most best ever 'dairy' ice cream at a place like
this.

5. finally, remember what you learned in Rocky: "retards like the zoo." do yourself a favor and head over there. you can get one of those huge round lollipops with the rainbow stripes. those were the best! these guys do have a
blog..... (with one post. hey, it's a start.)

enjoyz!

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Well, your time would have been better spent in a place with a better Italian market and better Italian sausage and ummmm better everything. This place is known as Pittsburgh - motherland to all things beautiful and perfect such as myself.

the lorider dijo...

ummmm..... have you even been to the Italian Market in Philly? ... no? oh, then you don't know how great it is, do you?

Anónimo dijo...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»