miércoles, agosto 30, 2006

I'm back!

holy god, I haven't been on the interblog in 5 days; I think a tiny piece of me died.

well, now I'm back and have I ever got a lot to catch you(z) up on.

I went for my first day of reporting as a teacher - and had a great day. I met my new co-teachers and other staff, ate a bit of lunch, walked around outside..... oh, and did I mention we're ON STRIKE!!!!?!!!!!

#*(#$^)@!@!!!! can you $*&%*@#$%">$*&%*@#$%#& believe it????? so here's what happened on my second day of work: I slipped inside to talk to the principal (after official protest hours were over, of course) to find out if she'd assigned me a classroom yet. I wanted to spend the evening making the sign for outside my door. she told me that not one parent (NOT ONE) had signed up their kid for my class. perhaps this shows good judgement, but we'll just let that pass and instead point out that I was shitting myself.

third day: principal says she's "very hopeful" I will (magically) have a class by next Tuesday. I decide this sounds very positive and go ahead and set up my classroom (again, we're allowed to do this after official strike hours. everyone kind of looks the other way, as it's obviously in the best interest of everyone to have the school set up for when the kids show up. I figure since I won't be getting paid for that time, it's quite like being on strike.)

so who knows what developments may occur by tomorrow........? stay tuned.......

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Hey, um.... Where's that quote by me that you promised to post on your blog? I want to be famous!

Anónimo dijo...

Did you get students yet?

Anónimo dijo...

where's the lorider?!?!?!?!?!