jueves, octubre 20, 2005

anybody want a cat?

oh my golly, what a fun night yesterday....

let's see, I had a fun workout, and then went to a French conversation group at a coffee shop in fashionable Royal Oak. it was my first time there, but I already knew Marie, from linking up over the internet around this very topic, and one guy there named Michael from a Spanish conversation group. the whole group, a small one last night, was nice people.

then, while we're sitting there, a lady named Miki walks by, I know her a little, and she says, "oh I was a French major in college some umpty-ump years ago" and she sits down and we all had a good talk. it turns out Miki's daughter lives in California near where I'm hoping to travel this December. Miki said she'd ask her daughter to try and help me find some place to crash. I was so excited (a-to be out with a group of adults) (b-to maybe have a lead on a nice place to stay in Cali) (and c-to be going to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra the next night -I WON TICKETS AT WORK!!!! I RULE!!!) that I was totally wound up. when we broke up at about 10:30, I felt like it was zero o'clock.

then I got home and some little skin and bones stray cat ran up to me as I got out of the car. orange stripy, hoarse little meow, but seemed healthy and well-mannered except for starvation. I feeded him and then started calling around looking for a shelter. that situation is still pending, but as I did feed the little guy, I'm pretty sure he'll be back tonight.......

then, I opened my mail and MY AIRPORT CARD HAD ARRIVED!!!!!!! So, I....... INSTALLED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay, maybe that doesn't sounds like such a big deal (especially to those of you who have installed one and know how easy it is).... but I haven't had internet at home in a year, and now I've started this blog, and..... and...... I'm just SO EXCITED!!!!!!! now, I can put up my pix on flickr!!!!!!!!!!!!! and start to catch up on some important posts:

-my trip to Vermont this past summer
-my trips to Toronto including **my trip with my little bros**
-seeing the Tigers play from, like, 7 feet away
- and (obligatory-I promise to keep it short) my cat Maria

*******************************
Happy Shampoo Day (try some......Chuck!)


**************************************************

No hay comentarios.: