miércoles, octubre 26, 2005

rugby days.....

alert media-scanner wiredfu guy found a funny article about Jackie Chan and rugby (and, apparently, Rambo), which reminds me of when I used to play rugby.....

yes, believe it or not, yours truly, the lorider, was an inaugural member of the women's team for the
Detroit Rugby Football Club. I greatly enjoyed the company of my... um... mates? (a great group of girls) and the traditional lifting of the pints and the singing of the pub songs after every practice. however, once we stopped learning to play the game and actually commenced playing the game, I learned that I can not run more than, say, 50 yards, without, say, dying.

this may be why I was assigned to play sweep on my high school JV field hockey team. or why I lasted a record three days on my high school track team.

devastated that I was fated to never play on a team whose favorite play was called "Detroit, Detroit, who's your daddy?!," I sadly accepted my fate, and bid my rugby teammates farewell. I see on the website that they chose not to adopt my suggested team slogan, "We'll lick ya'!"

...........what?



technorati tags:

************************
take out your guns, people, and re-enact the
Battle at
the OK Corral, which took place on this date in 1881!


****************************************

No hay comentarios.: