miércoles, septiembre 28, 2005

I am pleased to report that my yarn shopping was a success

in only two trips, I found yarn to match my new coat!!! I bought a coat on sale at the end of the season earlier this year, and I love it, but it's a funny sort of burgandy color and has no hood. I thought it might be hard to find a hat, scarf & gloves to match or complement it, so I found gloves to complement and then... headed to the yarn stores hoping I'd find something to suit.

well, I got a Lion Brand yarn called rose garden - a swirly mix of burgandy, rose, light blue, yellow ... sounds appalling, but it's actually very soothing. it's 50% wool, 50% acrylic, and pretty thick. I'd hope to make something rather fine, but I guess I should be realistic and go chunky, so that I finish it before next spring (or summer). also I've only knitted one simple project ever and that was 14 years ago.... wish me luck! I'll post a photo when I've finished it......


technorati tag:

**********************************
Happy Feast of
Saint Wenceslas (check out the link, this is quite a story)
as I am proudly 1/8 Bohemian, I will be sure to celebrate this feast tonight!


******************************************************

7 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

That yarn sounds nice! Can you knit me a nice warm thong for Fall? I have a size 38 waist. Needs to be XXXL in the front section, if you know what i'm sayin.
K thanks bye!
-Chuck

the lorider dijo...

you disgust me!!!!

never post here agin'!

*retching noises*

Anónimo dijo...

I think that you meant again, not agin'. For the good of America's youth, please never accept a job as a Spelling teacher.

K THNX BYE
-Chuck

Anónimo dijo...

P.S. - Get to knitting. It's getting cold out, and i am stuck here in whitey tighties.

-Chuck

the lorider dijo...

and it's: "Okay, thanks. Good-bye." you undereducated buffalo.

and "tighty-whities."

and don't worry yourself waitin on the thong, bro, cuz you will surely be buried in tighty-whities. that's the ironical ending that a true smut-master like yourself will earn.

Anónimo dijo...

i saw the yarn. it's lovely.
i'm beginning to think i might want a thong too.....*flashbulb* let's start a business! tee shirt co and custom knitted thongs!!!

the lorider dijo...

you two scare me