viernes, septiembre 09, 2005

sushi nite

I met my new e-pal, Marie, at Tokyo Sushi in Royal Oak last night. it is really good. I had an udon sobe with shrimp tempura in it that was super. Marie is a very interesting gal, she is here from France doing a graduate degree in business. she's lived all over and it turns out we share a lot of interests, including... crocheting and knitting! quel surprise. so we plan to have girls' get-togethers to work on our projects. we both share the modern crafter's ambivalent love/ embarrassment over our chosen 'grandma crafts'. anyway, I'm really looking forward to our knit-nights.

I updated her on my roommate search, as she was helping me to post over the last few weeks. my best prospect seems to be an adorable (and tall!) young gay guy who seems like lots of laughs. he's finished his undergrad and is mulling over his prospects, including grad school. I hope it'll work out between us; I think we'd get along. the unknown factor is he's kind of undirected at present, just started a new job, nothing to really tie him down or make him responsible at this point..... as with any roommie, I guess you pays your nickel and you takes your chances. I've been lucky much more than ever unlucky. remind me to post about ex-roommie sometime. sigh.... she has spoiled me for all others........

**********************
happy hot dog day!
(yet another great day to celebrate - they're coming fast & furious)


status: psyched! I won more tickets to see the Tigers on Sunday!!!!!
I really have to get my photos up. I already got my flickr account set up, but I have no connection at home yet.......
***************************************

No hay comentarios.: