jueves, marzo 23, 2006

more animals news

I had the most fun last night!! I was looking up answers for my Sunday NYT crossword puzzle in the worldbook on my laptop (hint: 'port in Poland' is Gdansk) and then I came across some sound files of different birds singing. so I started playing them, trying to psych out my cat Maria. she was curled up across the room from me when I started and of course, she tried to play it cool, only flipping her ear now and then (yes, she only has one ear - long story). so then I tried a file of a cat meowing and she ignored that, too.

but then, I played a cow mooing, and she sat right up and was all like "huh??????" and "what????" and then she got up (YES! a CAT GOT UP!) and came over and kept listening as I played the file over and over. I can't believe she was so excited by a cow! she sat down on my lap and started purring and purring, so I played some more bird files, then went back to the cat. well, this time she jumped up and purred and rubbed against the computer after every meow! she also especially loved the bird files where you could hear a bunch more birds in the background, calling at the same time as the one in the foreground. she seemed to be kind of intimidated by the eagle though (and the bear).

but mostly she was totally rolling around in my lap and purring and purring. like, she wanted to let me know how much she appreciated the entertainment. I have to admit, I really liked listening to them, too. it was like, the natural sounds were so soothing. and I guess I don't get to hear them that much.

so I think I'm going to make up a mix tape with a bunch of different animal sounds and just play it all the time. I know most of them would never be in the same ecosystem or whatever. this tape will be more like those pictures in the Jehovah's Witness literature where all the carnivores are layin' with the herbivores and omnivores....

eddie was down chillin in the basement, so he missed it!!! but it reminded me of when it was just me and Maria - I think we're both going to enjoy it being just us again. it was a real cozy evening. yes folks, that's my exciting life in tha D!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Your "such a fun night!" was playing bird noises on a laptop for your cat, and reminiscing about how simple life was when you had one cat instead of two?

I'm worried about you.

the lorider dijo...

I know, I seriously need some Bastone action....... (HINT!)

:)