lunes, marzo 20, 2006

you can't even believe my skillz

I was reading some magazines over the weekend -

aside-this is one of my least economical habits. it doesn't really cost that much, but if I buy 2 or 3 mags in one month, I could have bought 1 subscription.... but I don't want to have to read the same mag every month...

....so anyway I have developed a very specialized skill thanks to my current job: it is an ability to quickly and cleanly remove the subscription solicitations from throught a magazine. my boss hates them, apparently, so when sorting the mail falls to me, I get the opportunity to develop this little-known art. and may I say greatly-unappreciated art, as well. if you ever had the chance to enjoy a magazine free from little pieces of paper falling all over the place, I think you would quickly realize that this is central to the enjoyment of any magazine. not only that, but I can remove said scraps of paper with no creased pages or fingerprints. in record time.

my fav mags: GQ, Harper's Bazaar, Vanity Fair, British Vogue, Paris Vogue, Men's Health, Scientific American, and yes... sometimes a gossip rag or a Cosmo. they reminds me of a simpler time when I was a pre-teen and frankly, life was much slower paced.

************************
hint for those of you who like to be economical: men's mags cost less than women's, per pound


****************************************

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

This is a skill set that i need to learn. I have subsciptions to probably 10 magazines plus I buy another 5 or so single issues a month. I HATE subscription cards.....especially when the issue is packed full of them and I ALREADY HAVE A DAMN 2 YEAR SUBSCRIPTION!!! What is even more annoying are tri-fold / extra thick / oversized advertisements. I rip those out immediately, which usually compromises the structural integrity of the magazine as a whole, and makes it less enjoyable to read because pages are falling out etc.

the lorider dijo...

don't fret, grasshopper....

I can instruct you in this art. lessons start at $29.95.