viernes, mayo 05, 2006

Nepalese food

Marie and I ate at a Nepalese restaurant in Royal Oak last night - I had no idea what kind of food it is, so I was very excited. luckily, just before I left, my neighbor let me in on the fact that it's floor seating and pricy, so at least I knew to put on comfy pants and brought some extra $$.

unfortunately, I didn't have my camera, so I'll just have to tell you it is pretty chill. there are carpets all over the floor, and cushions scattered against the walls and on the floor around low tables. there are fake flowers everywhere, even formed into wreaths on the wall, which are interspersed with pictures of Hindu gods. top it all off with slow, random blinking colored Christmas lights on the ceiling. melloooooooooooooooow, man.

the food was awesome (and according to the menu, holistic). it was like Indian, with curries and clay-oven cooked chicken and lamb, but with a twist. and they had my favorite food in the world, dumplings, so that's what I had- veggie dumplings. I had been afraid the entire menu would read:


********************

MENU
Yak
Yak butter

********************


so I was relieved to see the actual menu. they did have an item called yak & yeti salad, but them most scary thing in there was garbanzo beans.....

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

We have to go to Blue Nile soon.

the lorider dijo...

hecks to tha yeah!

Anónimo dijo...

yak butter = YUM YUM

Blue Nile = HEAVEN. you even get to eat with your hands....