miércoles, mayo 10, 2006

ain't that some ****?

I recently got a flier for a town meeting about AT&T to be held at the public library. it was being run by L. Brooks Patterson, our county commisioner who looks just like, and is, a very scary Republican politician. I thought to myself "I don't care about AT&T. I've got a cell-phone," and threw out the notice.

well, well! when I went to the library Monday night, I found out the meeting had actually been about a topic very near and dear to my heart - wireless internet! as you may remember from this post, the city promised to have wireless service for all by the end of March. but in a shocking turn of events, anon was right! and I may now have to pay him a quarter (hey, that's 1/6 of a half-pint at happy hour, you lucky dog!)

apparently, the wireless signals would have to piggyback off the telephone lines, or something, and AT&T says if they don't make any money off it, they ain't participating. WANKERS!!!!! it's hard to believe that this is only the second time I've blogged about politics, considering the politically-active family I grew up in, but.... I guess it just proves that you have to find the issues that really matter to a person, and mine appears to be... BLOGGIN'!

bloggers unite!!!!! we must fight the man on this one!!!!!! go bloggers!!!!!!!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

First off, Anon is ALWAYS right.
Even if you think that Anon is wrong, he is ALWAYS right.
Glad we cleared that up.

PS - Please link to this post when the real estate market in Oakland County crashes, leaving everyone paying their 30 year/ $300K mortgages on homes now worth $225K.

the lorider dijo...

har har - glad to!

signed, tha lorider is right for eternity except for occasionally when there is a solar eclipse and anon is right