viernes, mayo 19, 2006

Wagahai wa neko de aru

it was funny to see this new article on wikipedia, because I recently had a related conversation. I got a little tap-tap-tap on my door last night and my littlest neighbor said "do you want reeces pieces or fudge brownie or both?" I figured out that I was being invited for ice cream and rushed downstairs.

after I got my cone, we started talking about the upcoming zoo trip (there's a new
Australian Outback Adventure where you're in with the kangaroos!) meanwhile my kitty Maria was going for the comic effect and making a circuit - through their open living room window, through the the living room, dining room, kitchen, then out the open back door and around again. luckily they (like me) find this very cute. the older little neighbor said "she thinks she's the QUEEN OF CATS!" damn! what a perfect nickname - why didn't I think of that?

anyway, if you visit the article and read the full explanation of the Japanese title, you can see that the novel was probably written about Maria, "the queen of cats," direct ancestor.



No hay comentarios.: