jueves, febrero 02, 2006

happy groundshog day!

I forgot it's groundshog day today until I came into work: the lady at the desk across from me has put up a little display of photos of punxy with an embroidered sweatshirt - I'd forgotten she was born in punxy!

how cute! I wish we decorated more here at the office. probably the only redeeming quality of a cubicle is its decoratability....


************************
ps - the verdict is more winter - surprise!!


****************************************

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

How do they confirm that the Groundhog did or did not see it's shadow?
Do they go by his facial expressions?
Is there a time limit for him to notice the shadow?
If it's sunny out, eventually he will without a doubt notice his own shadow, so that does not seem fair to me.
Also, what do they do when it is overcast and dark and there are no shadows?
Does the Groundhog take global warming into account when forecasting?
How do we know that he is qualified to give us this info? What are the Groundhogs meteorological credentials?

This whole tradition raises a lot of red flags and is a questionable practice in my opinion.

the lorider dijo...

okay, then put on your bermuda shorts, or better yet, your thong and head across to the park... enjoy!