martes, febrero 28, 2006

hope for eddie?

well, I was talking over the eddie dilemma with Pat when I visited her in mississauga. remember, she is a vet tech so I thought she might have some sage advice but mainly she just sounded worried that I could have a cat for like four months and still be thinking about giving him away. she was like, "um, you're not bonding with him?"

bonding. nope, he was just getting on my nerves. (but remember, I've been sick-ish and thus irritable for 2 months) however in the last day or two, suddenly I'm beginning to see, like, little things about him that I like.....

here's one: when he's listening/trying to figure something out, he puts his head to the side like a dog. that's so cute!

however he still acts like I am abusing him terribly when I make him sit next to me instead of on top of me. he cringes and ducks under my hand, slowly but steadily trying sneak back on top of me (I guess he heard about the tortoise). that's pathetic but also annoying especially after the 50,000th time.

Lord, give me strength (to love this kitty.)

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

you need to make him hate you, so he wont love you so much.

Time to get out the squirt guns.

the lorider dijo...

it's funny you say that... I was thinking last night that maybe I just need to not care if his feelings are hurt and the adjustment process will go smoother....