martes, febrero 21, 2006

phew!

hi peeples-

I been quiet while waiting to hear more about my mom - they admitted her to the hospital because her heart was playing an a-rhythmic-funk/jam/fest. but they aren't going to do an invasive test, after all, and she finally got a room, too... and she'll go home tomorrow... so she's happy and I'm happy. my hospital visit gets to be the relaxed, its-all-over-now sort....

heroine: "I'll take my brothers to get dinner, okay Ma?"
heroine: "do you have any cash, btw?"
heroine: "glad you're feeling better, Ma."

(ps-can you believe they gave her a salt-shaker!!!!!!! to keep with her!!!!! she is so persuasive. but she does work at that hospital.....)

6 comentarios:

cookie monster dijo...

tell your mum ill eat a bunch of grapes in her honour!

Anónimo dijo...

I'm really glad to hear that she is doing better. Actually the same exact thing happened to my Moms like 2 years ago. Sometimes hearts just freak out like that. Scary, but thankfully nothing too serious!

So, now that she is on her way home, does that mean that you are ready for Bastone happy hour on Wed? :)

Anónimo dijo...

it happened to my dad too. except his was linked to extreme anxiety. SCARY. Lorider, you must call me! Tell your momma I say hello and i'm sending out the love vibes

the lorider dijo...

thanks for all the love, peoples. I'm going to see my mom again tonight and I'll give her your messages....

cookie-wtf????

anon- Bastone.... birthday..... bring it on!

The Fatalist dijo...

What Cookie means is: In England id someone's in hospital you bring them something healthy, & for some reason a bunch of grapes is traditional. But what is also 'traditional' is that the visitor usually scoffs most of them while chatting to the patient they're visiting stuck in bed!

the lorider dijo...

g1 -haha - that sounds like something I would do ;)