jueves, febrero 16, 2006

more sandwich news

I think I must be cheese-deficient. I've eaten a cheese sandwich 5 days in a row now, and all day, all I can think about is the last cheese sandwich I had......

day one: sick and feeling pitiful on Pat's couch in Mississauga. she made me a cold cheese sandwich for the road. by the time I got home, I was all better. coincidence?

recipe-brick cheddar on nut and grain bread with miracle whip. Pat had no sammich veggies, so on a whim I asked her to grate some carrots on. OMG! you must try a cheese sandwich with grated carrots - so yummy! I know, a cold sandwich... in winter ?!? but it was strangely compelling....

day two: driving home from work, salivating over the day one sandwich, I stopped by the store and got flax-seed bread and medium brick cheddar........

recipe- brick cheddar with a slice of baloney on flax-seed bread with safflower mayo and grated carrot. mmmm......

day three: couldn't wait to eat the same sandwich again, so I did.

day four: finally! I'd had enough of the same sandwich for three days... sort of.

recipe-litely toast flaxseed bread, then put back in the toaster oven on the tray with lots of block cheddar over a slice of fennel root. verdict: this is amazing! the fennel gets ever-so-slightly slightly steamed and basted with cheese juice in there. YUM!

day five: I want what I had last night, although I may substitute cucumber for the fennel.

MUST. HAVE. CHEESE.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Those sandwiches sounds pretty grody, but yes cheese is the greatest thing created by man...in conjunction with cows, goats and sheep.