jueves, junio 01, 2006

all new! girls, girls, girls!

now that I've got your attention, let me say that the ides of blog is officially dead. I'm not a champion-surfer, so I'm not going to try to show a monthly selection of amazing sites anymore; plenty of other people do that better than me. so what is tha lorider's talent, her special skill she can share with the masses.... something she has mastered through years of practice.....?

yes, that's right, as my friends and family already know: it's eating. but I realized that I'll get too hungry at work if I'm always typing about food. so I'm going to focus on my other skill: being cheap. as the saying goes, I know how how pinch a nickel until the indian rides the buffalo (sorry to any indians or buffalo who read my blog.) what can I do? I'm of Scottish extraction (sorry to any Scots.) as of today, I'm going to start sharing my special tips and tricks with you, my adoring public... no, no, please, hold your applause, folks :D so here's my first installment, wherein:

tha lorider saves you money.... at fuddruckers!

if you've ever been to fuddruckers, you know that it is a restaurant. to all you foreigners, it is more specifically a restaurant chain that specializes in hamburgers.... but not any hamburgers - expensive hamburgers! I thought I'd like a burger the other day and was shocked by a prominantly displayed banner just inside the entrance. the gist of it was that you can get a 1/2 pound burger combo on special for only..... $8.88! hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! why the hell would I spend $8.88 when I can get a burger combo at Wendy's for about $4.40?

apparently because at Wendy's, I have to simply sit in my car and list off what I want on my burger, whereas at fuddruckers, I have the added entertainment value of being able to pick up my burger at the counter and then walk to the 3 different condiment tables to put what I want on it.....? what? wait, that sounds like less service for more money.... or am I missing something?

anyhoo, I got a 1/3 pound burger, picked up some fries at Wendy's and then went home and got a soda out of the pantry, so right there, I saved a few dollars. however, they did get me to spend an extra dollar over what was strictly necessary, and this is what I'm going to clue you in on today, cause that extra dollar turned out to be a total waste.

money-saving part:
it sounded so good - 50¢ for grilled onions (yum!!) and 50¢ for cheese - pricey, but come on, how can you turn down grilled onions and cheese? well, next time I will (the burger was good enough for return visits, but definitely $trictly for $pecial occasion$). the onions were doused in black pepper and some other taste I couldn't identify but was was yucky, and were undercooked so that there was no sweet taste, which is the whole point of grilled onions. so save your money on that. also, when I picked up the burger, I noticed that there is a hot-cheese machine for putting on your fries, but I could have used that instead of ordering 50¢ cheese.

and that's it, folks... that's how you save a dollar, or several, at fuddruckers. you can thank me later by talking me out for a burger!

:( now I'm hungry.

No hay comentarios.: