jueves, junio 15, 2006

Ides of Blog: tha lorider saves you money at weddings....

hi! are you broke? do you have friends who you want to treat to a fab gift on their wedding, but you're also trying to figure out how to make your student loan payment this month? well, then follow tha lorider as I give you a tour of the gift-solution mecca otherwise known as: TJ Maxx!

I highly recommend TJ Maxx for gifts with one caveat: all Maxxes are not created equally. the majority (at least in my area) appear to be poorly managed warehouses with trod-upon merchandise scattered all around the store. invest your time in a three-minute stroll around each store near you and you will save yourself a lot of heartache. if you find a good one (in metro Detroit, it's the one at Southfield & 13 Mile), you will find untold gift-giving riches in the housewares section.

there is all sorts of cookware like Cuisinart and Le Creuset and other good stuff, picture frames, plates, serving platters, vases, chic storage containers, gourmet spices, cookbooks, garden furniture, etc, etc. but the best part is that these really nice things are affordable!!! I got a lovely ceramic platter for a wedding gift that I think my friend will love for.... well, she reads this blog, so I'll just say that the first number is 1 and the last is 0 and there are no other numbers. I can't really post a picture, either, for the same reason, but I'll add it after I give it to her.......

happy shopping! you can thank me later by getting me something nice for my wedding - I dreamed twice this week that I was getting married, so it must be coming up soon! wish me luck! :0


update: here's the platter.... (she liked it!)

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Rochester TJ Maxx - check it out.

the lorider dijo...

let's go. I gotta get two more wedding prezzies....