martes, junio 20, 2006

me love TV. me hate commercials.

honestly, I HATE advertising. this is what a typical commercial sounds like to me:

"are you insecure &/or want to have (more) sex?! well, why not try american consumerism/pharmaceuticals? for example, did you know that (lie) and (lie), ...Lease Pull-Ahead Program (large dollar amount), (lie)! we CAN MATCH your kitchen tiles... get yours today!"

I either change channels or mute during commercials. this article (via mr brown) explains about P2P & BitTorrent & the future of television watching. I'm so excited to be able to access anything, anytime & sans commercials (as soon as I get my inter-doodle hooked up at home). I think the author makes a great point that TV has trained us to expect free and immediate entertainment gratification, so they better find ways to go along with the technology that takes those principles that to a whole new level now.

if, as according to his theory, the 'bug' becomes the advertising method (you know, that station id thing they now show in the corner the whole time?), honestly, I can live with that. I'll just stick a post-it over it.


************************
ah..... tha family feud.....


****************************************

4 comentarios:

cookie monster dijo...

i have digital, so when the ads come one i flick over to bbc news 24. im sooo intellectual!

the lorider dijo...

I guessed that about you!

lols

Chris dijo...

well said. alas, we live in a culture fueled by money. a sad state.

Anónimo dijo...

I hated comercials so much that I turned off my TV 5 years ago and never turned it on again...except when BRITW wants to watch Lost : )