lunes, junio 26, 2006

double dinner weekend

on Friday, I cooked dinner and Marie came over (thanks for helping me with my resume, Marie!!!! you rock!!), and Olga joined us.... then on Saturday, Olga made dinner for some friends and I joined them. both dinners were awesome and so fun! I'm almost re-thinking my plan of becoming a hermit..... anyway, we ate out in the backyard, it's super-relaxing back there. we also met our behind-us neighbors- I stood on a chair to see over the fence and Olga hopped up and down and said: "(hop) hi! (hop) I'm (hop) Olga!"

Saturday morning, we went to the local farmer's market (I think the Sunday headline read: "3-year Royal Oak resident and self-proclaimed 'environmentalist' finally makes it to farmer's market that is 1 mile from her house"). I bought some lettuce plants, basil plants and yellow pear tomato plants... all for a whopping $4.

Olga got one (1!) grape tomato plant, and is fearful she may be overcommitting herself (haha, now I know what to get her for her birthday...!! *evil smirk*)

after we plant our little balcony-garden, the next project will be to make a kitchen shelving-unit, so we can have a bit more storage.... I designed it yesterday, now we just have to get wood and screws and paint, and convince some unsuspecting neighbor to help us cut the lumber with their circular saw (hence the recent fence-hopping)...... wish us luck.......

oh, and I also made a cherry pie for my uncle Bernard, who has been sick, so all in all, it has been a very home-y weekend....

*************************
(brainon, I'm so glad you're back! let's get drunk!
*in my head, that phrase sounds like owen wilson.
but it comes from my heart....)

**************************************

1 comentario:

Feisty Frida dijo...

Hey there, thanks for your comment today, it's just what I needed!

Have a great day!!

Frida
xxx