martes, enero 10, 2006

america needs you and me, people

well, I did my bit as an american citizen last night: I shopped and then went to the movies. gotta keep the old economy and the entertainment-machine moving along.

actually at shopping, I only had to pay $3 out of pocket, cause my not-boss gave me a gift card to Best Buy! (he works with my boss, I don't really do anything for him, but I don't argue when he gives me a gift) I got some speakers for my laptop - actually it's one unit, so easier to cart around, I figured - and an RF modulator and a remote control. I'm a good little shopper. (although... is $20 a good price for an RF modulator?)

(aside - now I know where to go to meet cute av nerds!!!! about 6 of them rushed up to help me and there were more shopping there!!! note to self - must go back)

then I drove to cute lil Royal Oak to see the movie. my town has about 8 blocks of restaurants and shops and one tiny art theater with three screening rooms. I stopped for a quick eggplant parm and then I saw brokeback mountain. as expected, I cried like a baby. it was a sweet movie about the very human fear that being emotionally vulnerable will lead to our deaths... but not metaphorically. nope, actual bloody and violent death. doesn't that keep you up at night?

as usual, my favorite part of the movie was the scenery. but the performances were good, & I especially liked some of the supporting people. hard to explain it, but it kind of felt like a short story... know what I mean? I guess I'll read the story next.

************************
"a lady friend of mine asked me,"well, what do you love most?"

that's how I started painting money." - andy warhol


****************************************

3 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

I need laptop speakers as well.

What is an RF Modulator, and why would you need a remote control for it?

the lorider dijo...

the remote's for the TV (duh!) the RF modulator lets me hook a new fancy DVD player to an old shitty TV :)

the lorider dijo...

ps the speakers are marked down right now. I'll let you know how they sound