martes, enero 31, 2006

story about my grandfather

I don't know why this story popped into my head right now, but anyway, it illustrates that there are executives and then there are executives....

my grandfather used to be a big management exec. he had a driver and one time they were in manhattan, up from philly for a couple of days. in the morning at breakfast, my grandfather asked his driver how his room was. so it came out that the company was putting the driver up in a real dive on 42nd st (before the disneyfication, of course). so my grandfather asks for a telephone and calls down to philly and starts pitching a fit about how he can't find his driver, and the hotel staff doesn't know anything. when they admit they'll have to track him down across town, my grandfather insists that from then on, his driver stays at the same place he does. and so it was.....

pretty cool.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

He sounds like a great guy!