viernes, enero 06, 2006

my wedding

♪ dum dum dum-dum..... this post by finicky feline inspired me to steal her idea to write about my thoughts on this topic. as I'm about to turn 32 in a couple weeks (yay, cookie!!! send me a pres!!!), I think it's a pretty typical good time for me to post about this.

I was raised by retroantinouveauxpostapocolyptic feminists, so I never got any barbies, pink clothes (except for the pink bikini my great-aunt slipped by my mom, but I was about 1 and a half, so I couldn't really appreciate it) or encouragement to imagine my wedding day. but over the years, idle thoughts about "my ideal wedding" began to form...... and several key points have surfaced:


SMALL- maybe it's from seeing the photos of my grandparents' wedding reception: imagine (in glorious sepia tones) a picture of a table with about 15 smiling people around it, on an enclosed porch in a retaurant...... or maybe just because I detest rooms stuffed with people... anyway, I want it to be small. considering how much family I alone have, though, I don't know how I could actually do this. so eloping is a distinct possibility.... but if that doesn't happen, the rest of these would come into play:

BACKWARDS- in keeping with my ass-backwards self (examples include always eating dessert first, and going to college at 15 but maturing into an adult at....well..... I'll let you know), I imagine that it would be nice to have the reception first, and then the ceremony. a nice, relaxed brunch, then a noon or one-o'clock ceremony. because then you are all getting ready for the event together. then maybe just a quick cake and champers after.... and then the groom and me can.... no not that !!! just adjust to being married in privacy.... no not that kind of privacy!!! jeez. it just seems like getting married would be pretty emotionally.... ummm.... huge, so I'd rather have some downtime together after so's we could just take it all in.....

YOGA PEOPLE- yeah, lots o' purple and tie-dye and incense and rambling blessings mentioning multiple deities!!!!

THE DRESS- yes, I've even designed my own dress... in my mind anyway. and I'm going to describe it here, so when it shows up on a runway in the spring I'll have proof I thought of it first. (unlike the post I never wrote that was an article in Vanity Fair last month!!!!) I want a very square, draped dress like the midevil Italian dresses, but in a very light spring green raw silk! doesn't that sound pretty! don't forget to pretend to be surprised when you see it!!!!

************************
this all sounds expensive, so please start sending me cash gifts now. I'll let you know when I meet somebody.


****************************************

5 comentarios:

cookie monster dijo...

youve described your wedding but what about your ideal husband?

the lorider dijo...

hmmmmm. good point. I think that'll be a separate post - or tome!

cookie monster dijo...

you were meant to say it was me! sod ya then!

the lorider dijo...

ooopsies... I mean:

"it's you, cookie monster!!!"

cookie monster dijo...

too late now, im in a sulk!