martes, diciembre 06, 2005

the 'breast' christmas ever *sigh*

INTERNET DATING UPDATE: (guys: feel free to explain this behavior)

1. why would someone send a (canned) ice-breaker as a response to an actual e-mail that I sent, touching on answers to his "conversation starters" (canned questions like 'what is your ideal date?' snore) obviously, I replied with a canned message.

2. why would someone say "great, I think I'll be in town on xday. I'll call you that day to set something up!" 6 days later, I get an e-mail. "hey, how are you? anyway, I'm traveling for work, it sucks" a friend of mine says that this is typical guy behavior as demonstrated regularly by her boyfriend- they don't contact you if they don't have any news regardless if they said they would contact you on a specific day. BUT IT'S BOG! I sent back an e-mail days later: "I'm great!!"

I'm seriously starting to wonder if I wouldn't be better off just calling into the local radio station - they were setting up people last night live on the radio. hilarity ensued ~note: this sentence contains sarcasm~. (channel 95.5, in case you were wondering..... you know, the home of the "breast christmas ever" - no, they're not giving away a boob job, that would be dumb- they're giving away 2 boob jobs this year! *sigh*)

4 comentarios:

the lorider dijo...

yo anon-

the funny thing is, #1's profile was really well-written. that was something I noticed about him.. so he must have had someone else write it for him haha

I've been out w/#2. he didn't seem like an a-hole. and a girl told me she thought it was normal, but you a guy, take offense (as I did). anyone else want to weigh in on this one?

Anónimo dijo...

Well concerning #1, often you may get a generic short response because they are busy regularly conversing with 5 - 10 other people and dont have the energy to write everyone something meaningful. I found myself doing this when i was getting internet loving.

#2 - I am not offended, more just shocked that your friend would shrug that kind of behaviour off as "just what guys do". We are inconsistent comunicators to say he least but,.......WITH OTHER GUYS, NOT WHEN WE ARE FOLLOWING UP ON OUR FIRST DATE WITH SOMEONE THAT WE LIKE. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S GETTING THAT CLOSE TO THE 3RD DATE WHICH IS THE MAGIC NUMBER FOR DIMMING THE LIGHTS, PLAYING SOME NICK DRAKE (VINYL IS PREFERABLE), POURING UP SOME SNIFTERS OF COVOURSIER GRAND RESERVE, AND MAKING SOME SWEET, SWEATY, NASTY, LOUD, WALL SHAKING, ASS SMACKING LOVE UNTIL THE BREAK-A BREAK-A DAWN!!!! BOOYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the lorider dijo...

great.... to know there... are still.... romantics..... out there.


erm.

Anónimo dijo...

i do have to say that anything that involves the phrase" that's just what guys do" or "that is so typically male" is suspect. i think men often use this excuse (conveniently created for them by women and society at large) to act like completely immature and often assholish boors, confident that eveyone will just excuse them because they're blessed to be men.

secondly, romantics are overrated. i love a mushy gushy love letters and nick drake as much as the next person but sometimes you just need some wall shaking good times. call me a feminazi but some times you've just got to get some. *shrug* give me lord byron or give me henry miller. it's all good.

BTW: if my boyfriend ever acted like ms. x's he'd be cryin in the cold in two seconds flat.

now back to purchasing hell
i miss you and i promise i'll see you again one day.
SOS SOS
get me out of here.!.!.!