miércoles, diciembre 14, 2005

the great 2005 roundup, #1 - Vermont!

until I leave for my trip on Fri, I'm going to blog about all the things I did in 2005 that I never got around to blogging about - or at least, the things that I have photos to remind me. (thank goodness for digital cameras and blogging, in no particular order. I have NO IDEA what I did in 2004.)

first up is my Vermont trip last August:

I went to visit my dad and stepmom, who've lived there for about 15 years now. one night, we had some old neighbors and their little kids over for dinner. with my dad and stepmom, my sister, her kids, and the dog, it was quite a crowd. after dinner, we had cake for one the nephew's "birthday."




d.a.d. wanted to barbeque more quickly, but he hadn't used chemical charcoal in so long, the fire jumped about 7 feet high! haha



the pergola d.a.d. built at the back of the house- great for a summer dinner...

while waiting for dinner, my littlest nephew entertained us by hamming it up for the camera. I let this little 6 year old girl take pix and she took about 150 pix. when he was a toddler, my nepphie didn't talk for a long time, but he always had such a great, subtle physical comedy... we thought he might be the next Harpo Marx.

the next day, we went canoeing on the Connecticut River...

a view.

d.a.d. canoeing

going under a bridge.

a great cloud we saw.

other highlights: seeing my gram (& eating her lasagna!), staying up late watching movies and trading music with my dad. we shared movie recommendations, and then I cracked my dad up with my reenactment of both characters in the scene in a fish called wanda where kevin kline eats michael palin's fish... my dad giggled like a little girl! "hee hee hee hee hee !"

bonus picture!

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

That looks like a nice river to canoe!

the lorider dijo...

wow, you should try it some day -it was awesome!

(Road Trip!!!)