miércoles, diciembre 28, 2005

greener pastures

INTERNET DATING UPDATE
okay, I am signing on to a new personals website. it is called act for love dot org. it is "the online personals service that lets you take action while getting action." it is for activists. you may be thinking, "hmmmmm..... the lorider never mentions being an activist. in the several months since she started her blog, there are .... hmmmmm.... 0 cases of her doing something for other people." aha! but I've thought about it!!! and once I testified at a zoning board meeting that was trying to close a homeless shelter. okay, that was 20 years ago. but I still care.

it is not free, but at least they tell you how much it costs ($10). (as opposed to the much-vaunted match.com, which will not tell you their price until you sign up!!! that is BOG, ladies & gentlemen!!!) it seems this is a relatively small service, but I'll just join it in addition to some others. I figure this is a numbers game, and I might meet at least a couple of interesting people on here....

and then, I got stuck... on the 5 question registration form! they want you to say what you're looking for. here are your options:
-casual dating

-serious relationship
-friendship
-activity partners
-play

eventually, sure, I'd like to be in a relationship. but I can't imagine a better way to really stress a couple people out on a first date than having that hanging over your heads! so that's out. I'm not looking for a friend-sheeesh!-and I'm not in kindergarden, so play's out, too. I don't know what 'activity partners' are (is that like ohhhh, I don't know, friends?!) so that's out. WHY OH WHY couldn't it just say 'dating'???????? but "casual dating"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sounds like I'm trolling for a sex partner!!!!!!!! ewwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!

what should I do???

No hay comentarios.: