jueves, diciembre 15, 2005

the great 2005 roundup, #2: Tigers baseball

as I have mentioned previously, one of the up-sides to my office job is the swag. I went to see the Tigers THREE times this year, and sat right behind home plate!!!!!



between innings, when the field crew goes out to neaten things up, they leave the door/netting behind home plate open, and I had a direct view of Ivan Rodriguez warming up the pitchers, etc!!!!!! I've been a fan of his since his first season (with Dallas)- he's been an all-star every year since his first year with MLB - and he was only 19 then! I was psyched when he came to Detroit, but he seems to be getting irritated cause the team's not improving.....





that is my knee in the lower left, and that is the #1 security guy in front of me!!! and then.... it's the field!!!!!!!








this guy has season seats, too. everybody calls him Jack... I think he may actually work as a Jack Nicholson impersonator - he's got the voice down and everything... it's creepy!!!! (that's didi1 on the left!!! so handsome but slouchy- he's 14)







next year will be the last year didi2 can run the bases after Sunday games! (isn't he handsome?!!!! he's 13!)









fireworks every Friday night at the Copa!!!!!
(Comerica (bank) Park - they must have threatened the local announcers somehow because suddenly last summer it stopped being called the Copa... on TV, anyway!)









************************
Happy National Firefighters Day, BFE!!!


****************************************

3 comentarios:

the lorider dijo...

didi means my little brother btw

cookie monster dijo...

basebal? in the words of Del Boy, isnt that silly boys rounders?

the lorider dijo...

haha

if u don't know adam sandler, then i don't know del boy!

anyway I can attest that baseball is only fun in person - but then , isn't that true about so many things....except blogging :)